A beagle rescue is a volunteer organization that gets beagles out of shelters and into homes. They typically perform several services before a beagle is ready for adoption:
- Work with the shelter to release the beagle into their care
- Treat all health problems, whether minor or severe
- Make sure the beagle is micro-chipped and spayed / neutered
- Place the beagle in a foster home with experienced hound owners
- Observe the beagle for fear, aggression, or other issues
We strongly recommend adopting from a beagle rescue, particularly if it’s your first beagle. Get started by finding one in your state, province, or region using the searchable database below.